July 26, 2013 – Limketkai Bombing in Cagayan de Oro City is so far the worst bombing incident in the recent years.
According to a newsportal Interaksyon.com -
“Seven persons, including a provincial board member of Misamis Oriental and a doctor, were killed and 41 others wounded in an explosion outside a bar in Cagayan de Oro City late Friday night.
The blast, which happened around 11:30 p.m., ripped through the crowd outside Kyla’s Bistro at Rosario Arcade, within the compound of Limketkai mall, killing Provincial Board member Rolden Lagbas, Dr. Erwin Malanay, a product manager of Boehringer Ingelheim Philippines, Anthony Cañete, 35, Ryan Palapac, 34, Emmanuel Palapac,34, and Antonio Paredez, 44, all representatives of drug firms.
Late Saturday morning, another medical company representative, Reynaldo Daupan of UAP Unilab, became the seventh fatality.
Many of the wounded were also representatives of pharmaceutical companies.”
Limketkai is yet to provide their official statement about this bomb attack. Questions in terms of security and preventive measures (if there are any) in placed are yet to be settled by the local authorities and management of Limketkai.
With this recent development, residents now fear that if a bomb attack can happen at the heart of a busy commercial center – it can happen anywhere in Cagayan de Oro. Thus, is it still safe to travel to Cagayan de Oro? After this bomb attack, is it still safe to conduct business in Cagayan de Oro. What are the local authorities doing to ensure the safety of Cagayan de Oro?
- Bomb attack in Cagayan de Oro City left 6 dead and 37 wounded (citywatchmindanao.wordpress.com)
- Blast in Cagayan de Oro kills 4 – reports (rappler.com)
- Blast kills 6, injures 28 in Cagayan de Oro (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- 6 Dead in Philippines Bombing (voanews.com)
- Bomb kills 6, wounds 28 in CDO’s LimKetKai’s arcade (mindanews.com)
- Six killed in Philippine bombing (vancouverdesi.com)
- Six Fatalities (mindanews.com)
- Six dead in Philippines restaurant blast (foxnews.com)
- Six dead in Philippine restaurant blast (channelnewsasia.com)